That title sounds so foreboding (sp?)... No, nothing too horrible, except my puffy lip! I had a little procedure last week to remove a small bump from my lip. I got 6 or 7 stitches out of the deal, which was a PERFECT Halloween costume :) Sadly, I won't be sharing any pictures on-line. Sorry!
A couple more pics from Halloween. Getting ready to go out Trick-or-Treating! D ate a sucker AND the wrapper while they guys were walking up and down the street. I held down the fort and gave away candy to about 60 kids. How many kids did you all have?
The LOOT!!
We have had some extraordinary weather this week! Today it's in the mid 70's! Friday we're supposed to have snow, so we'll take this beautiful election day weather. Here D is playing in the front yard. I won't tell you who we voted for today :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Wendy has put quite a bit of time into preparing our yard for winter. Here is J helping out with the garden.
.jpg)
Wendy got out his ol' trumpet from high school. We didn't think J would have the lip strength to make anything happen, but he sure did! Must get those chops from Bugga!!!!!
.jpg)
Wendy got out his ol' trumpet from high school. We didn't think J would have the lip strength to make anything happen, but he sure did! Must get those chops from Bugga!!!!!
.jpg)
The most exciting thing that happened to us this week was getting to meet Al Franken, the DFL Senate candidate running against Norm Coleman for the US Senate. We had to run to the store to get some milk, and I saw the big DFL tour bus parked in front, so I was wondering who might have been in it. When we walked into the store, we saw Mr. Franken talking with some guys in the deli area. As soon as he saw the kiddos, he came right over to us and shook the kids' hands, telling them he needed their votes :) I stuck my hand right out to shake his hand, too. I'm so bummed I didn't have my camera... I don't usually need it for a trip to the grocery store! Pretty fun for us!
We all were up super early this morning, so excited for election day. We went to our local polling place, the elementary school near our house, at about 7:30! We didn't have to wait long. What an exciting election day! J got to fill out his own ballot. He made all his own choices. I promise I didn't try to persuade him at all!!!
I'm not usually super patriotic, but I am feeling very much in love with our country today. I'm feeling so lucky to be in a place where we can really flex our political muscles, voting for the people we want to work for us. We could even be one of those public servants if we were so inclined. It's really exciting to be making history like this. I'm proud to be able to teach my children about voting, too. I hope you all vote and take your kids along.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
How fun bumping into Al Franken while out to pick up milk! Beautiful election day indeed. Unfortunately we don't get to vote at a polling place, we have to vote by mail weeks in advance, and I have to say that really takes the spirit out of it a bit for me.
But Johnathan came home from kindergarten this afternoon talking all about "Bock Obama" He voted for him at school (even though John McCain starts with 'J' like him.) and had lots of good conversation about it. So we declared election day a good day to turn on the TV and follow along with what's going on around the country. (typically lately the tv hasn't been on in months... especialy on a weekday.)
It's an exciting evening! The kids are all a chatter about it at the moment.
Hope the stitches are feeling ok, I enjoyed your Halloween email & post!
Ours is lagging behind, but we had a super fun Halloween weekend. Talk soon :)
Post a Comment