We s
pent some time with some old friends in our college town this weekend. One is "dabbling" in photography, although he has invested quite a lot in some fabulous equiment. I got to be a model for a while, because he had a really specific photo in mind. Being a perfectionist, he spent almost an hour on this one shot, moving the backdrop and the huge overhead light. It was very cool. He also
took some shots of our family, and Wendy B. and I took some of our own NOT professional pictures of the kiddos at the same time..jpg)
pent some time with some old friends in our college town this weekend. One is "dabbling" in photography, although he has invested quite a lot in some fabulous equiment. I got to be a model for a while, because he had a really specific photo in mind. Being a perfectionist, he spent almost an hour on this one shot, moving the backdrop and the huge overhead light. It was very cool. He also
took some shots of our family, and Wendy B. and I took some of our own NOT professional pictures of the kiddos at the same time..jpg)
D is enjoying his new-found talent for kissing! It's mostly just an open-mouthed smash, but it's so dear. One night he gave his daddy a huge squeeze and a kiss before bed. It's enough to melt a heart.
A note about stay-at-home moms: does anybody else get a little bit sad when thinking about your previous profession? I am mostly really happy with my current career as A Mom, but when talking with some French teachers this weekend, I sure did feel really out of touch with that whole part of my life. I'm worried that if I ever decided to go back into it, I'd be so woefully out of it. I'm also a little bit worried about the lack of drive on my part to even WANT to get back into it...
.jpg)
2 comments:
Em-
I totally know what you mean about staying home. Although I love it, I often times feel like I define myself as "a teacher who is staying home". I talk about my former coworkers in the present tense, "someone I work with". I just seems like I can't quite let it go. I know I'm not ready to teach now, and I really don't miss the long hours, parents, and politics, but there's just something amazing about seeing the glow when a new concept clicks! I also miss the challenge of creating new lessons for my students. All this to say, I completely understand.
Glad you two started this blog. Great photos of me boys.
Em, you'd get right back into teaching and be great at it like you were. You're teaching your boys everyday - so well.
Post a Comment