Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Word Association

I just have to post this. Just now, J asked if I would "be the monkey, and I'll be the man or the girl." This refers to the concept of "monkey see, monkey do," which we talked about when we read a book called "Caps for Sale." Anyway, J loves to play this game where we mimic each other. At some point, as he was saying words, I started doing word association where I would say the word that popped into my mind. Then we switched.

Here is the list of words. It went almost just like you see, where I would say a word, and J would (really quickly) say the word that popped into his head. Some of his answers were very thoughtful (I thought) for a 4-year-old (the list is fairly long...):

Flower – smell
Deer – walk
Car – zoom
Oven – hot
Door – close
Tree – windy
Bedroom – bed
Sun – rise
Dirt – worms
Music – listen
Picture – look at
Carpet – walk
Danny – brother
Road – zoom
Book – read
Galena – Mugga & Bugga
Radio – listen
Glue – stick
Paper – draw
Bathtub – swim
Noodle – swim
Fish – swim
G.G. – walk
Halloween – scare
Christmas – exciting
Ocean – splash
Tea – hot
Telephone – hello
School – learn
Churchill – sing
Jesus – grow
Subaru – zoom
Stool – stand
Chalkboard – draw
Guitar – play
Breakfast – eat
Sunflower – grow
Fall – windy
Sugar – mix
Puzzle – put together
Happy – smile
Confused – angry
Warm – hot
Afraid – scare
Comfortable – feels good
In love – loving
Married –
Wedding – nothing
Cake – yum yum yum
CD – listen
France – walk
Bonjour – hello
Eiffel Tower – tall
Gâteau – cake
Día de los Muertos – French, English, Spanish
Eyes – see
Mouth – eat (James asked me to “do mouth”)
Ribs – think
Lungs – breathe
Heart – make blood
Mommy & Daddy – tall
Strong – hold
Hammer – nails
Engine – start
Race track – zoom
Camera – picture
Also – good
Earplug – hear
Vacation – go
Under – water
Over – under
Cheeks – open
Energy – do things
Food – strong
Pull – ride
Hurry – go
Rest – goodnight
Friend – hello
Travel – going somewhere
Flashlight – see
Battery – dead
Rock – stone
Think – eye
Mine – don’t
Wind - windy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa... looks like that game went on for a while!

Lisa said...

What a clever fellow! Some of his responses were very thoughtful! Great work!